When the night has come
And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see
No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
So darlin', darlin', stand by me, oh stand by me
Won't you stand by me, stand by me
So darling darling whenever you need a friend
Whenever you're feeling linely oh
Stand by me
And all you beautiful girls, whoa
Stand by me, Won't you stand by me.
It's really sad to see all the controversies surrounding this poor 17-year old. What with saying that his daddy dearest got banned from the rehearsals all because it insisted inserting a line from Sean Kingston's Beautiful Girls. There were legal stuff involved which the AI producers i assume had to pay off royalty fees or something of that sort.
The producers really threw him under the bus IMO in the top 3 week after this little hiccup. They gave him a sappy love song by Dan Fogelberg (although the song is indeed sweet, but it was the wrong choice for David). It was crucial for David to show that he can sing songs other than sappy ballads but the producers had to saddle him with the sappiest love song of all time (credit to Fogelberg). David did the best he could with the song but I bet it wasn't enough. Dean Kaelin said in a radio? interview that (wait...was it Dean or Richard?)... Here's the down-low :
In a radio interview this morning, Richard Parkinson mentioned that he arranged a hip hop ballad melody for David’s 3rd song ”Longer”… but in the end, AI producers ’requested’ TEAM DAVID to do a straight cover instead.Okay, so it was Richard, but I think Dean did mention this too. Oh, I remember now! Dean said in the interview that lil David had reserved "Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith as his own song choice. But the producers insisted and took the song and gave it to Cook instead. Manipulation to the highest degree is happening here!!! It shows that the show is indeed rigged. The producers want Cook to win so much that they have crushed Archie in their effort to make Cook the next American Idol.
But in my heart, David will forever be THE american idol! No offense to Cook though. He is great at changing up the songs but his vocals does not even come close to be compared to Archie's.
There! I've vented.
Fav parts of the performance :
When the night has come
And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see (loved his hand gesture on this one)
No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
So darlin', darlin', stand by me, oh stand by me
Won't you stand by me, stand by me (loved him here, somehow he seemed really confident and at ease, and that smile... *melt*)
So darling darling whenever you need a friend (yes, i know you're pointing at me, and yes I need a friend - you in particular)
Whenever you're feeling linely oh
Stand by me
And all you beautiful girls, whoa
Stand by me, Won't you stand by me.
They should have released Stand By Me as a single on I-Tunes instead of Love Me Tender. They made LMT into a sappy love song instead of the incredible live performance that was shown. I'm truly disappointed!
No comments:
Post a Comment